Former RG Kar Medical College principal Sandip Ghosh has come under stricter legal scrutiny after the West Bengal government approved prosecution in connection with allegations related to the hospital case.
Sandip Ghosh faces legal scrutiny
In a social media post, Bengal CM Suvendu Adhikari said that he felt privileged to announce what he described as an important step in the RG Kar case linked to the brutal rape and murder of a woman doctor on August 9, 2024.
He stated that a sanction for prosecution had been accorded under legal procedure, allowing agencies to proceed against the accused. He also alleged that the previous administration had delayed the investigation process, while asserting that “no one is above the law” and demanding swift justice for the victim.

CBI continues investigation into case
According to official sources, all documents, evidence and investigation materials were submitted to the Governor of West Bengal for review. After examination, approval was granted for proceeding with legal action.
The official notification further stated that the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) had taken over the probe following a Calcutta High Court order on August 23, 2024. The case was initially registered at Tala Police Station and later transferred for investigation.

PMLA probe underway
The CBI later initiated proceedings and registered a case on August 24, focusing on alleged financial irregularities in procurement at RG Kar Medical College. The probe also included Sandip Ghosh and others, with parallel investigations initiated under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) based on findings of suspected financial misconduct.
Officials said the ECIR was registered on August 28, 2024, and investigations into alleged financial irregularities are ongoing, with multiple agencies examining evidence and related transactions.



